Thursday 10 November 2011

What I'm Listening To This Week 03/11/2011

1) Arctic Monkeys - Evil Twin



Last night I went to see Arctic Monkeys live at Manchester M.E.N. and as a life long fan they were amazing!! I can't stress enough how enjoyable the set was, it literally blew me away. The song above is the b-side to their latest sing, 'Suck It & See' and I think its great. Without being too pretentious, this song sounds similar but different to their previous work and encompasses everything I love about the band. It has witty lyrics, great drumming courtesy of Matt Helders and in my opinion is just a fantastic. If you want to see the band live which I suggest you do if you want to see a band on top of the world!! Then their website, http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/, has all tour dates, pictures, videos, songs, mechandise you could possibly want.

Arctic Monkeys
M.E.N. 02/11/11



2) Lana Del Rey - Video Games



She's being talked about from Radio 2 to NME as the new big thing. At first when I heard this I was unsure, originally I thought she was just the American Florence and the Machine, but after further listening it's grown on me and I'm appreciating it now. It's slow and beautiful but also has a sort of sarcastic mood throughout which makes for interesting listening. I'm quite intrigued to see if she can follow up the hype with another single of similar quality. Only time will tell.

3) Madeon - Pop Culture



Something a little different for this weeks final installment. This was introduced to me by one of my flat-mates and instantly loved it. Using 39 samples of other songs he has created this little beauty. He's 17, from France and is being heralded as the next big thing in dance music, already packing out Parisian clubs. If you're wondering what that thing is he's magically using to create this sound it's called an Ableton Live and it's very expensive. You're looking at over £200 for a second-hand one!! Put it on the christmas list?

No comments:

Post a Comment